Lincoln Vantage 400 Engine Driven Welder
The Vantage 400 is one of the most compact 400 amp engine-driven welder/ generators in the construction, pipe or rental fleet market today. It’s also one of the most quiet, with the smooth running 4-cylinder Perkins or Kubota diesel engines. Use this multi-process welder for arc gouging with up to 5/16″ carbons, stick welding with up to 1/4″ electrodes and CV wire welding with up to 3/32″ wire. You’ll value the superior arc performance delivered by Lincoln Chopper Technology. You’ll also appreciate VRD (Voltage Reduction Device), which kW reduces OCV (open circuit voltage) in the CC-Stick weld mode for added safety.
This model efficiency generates 19,000 watts (peak) of 3-phase or 12,000 watts of 1-phase AC generator power for your lights, grinders and power tools. And, it’s housed in a rugged, low maintenance stainless steel enclosure and loaded with many innovative service features. That all totals up to an excellent value!
Stick, TIG, MIG, Flux-Cored, Gouging.
- The Vantage 400 has a compact Case – One of the most compact 400 amp machines available. Suitable for many pickup and service trucks.
- Stainless Steel Enclosure – Standard stainless steel roof, side panels and engine-access door deliver added protection and durability.
- Multi-Process Welding, Separate Arc Gouge Mode – Select one of five Process Modes, including CC-Stick (up to 1/4″), Downhill Pipe (for stick), Touch-Start® DC TIG, CV-Wire (up to 3/32″)(1) or new Arc Gouging mode which maximizes output with up to 5/16″ carbon rods.
- VRD Voltage Reduction Device – Reduced OCV in the CC-Stick weld mode for added safety.
- Plenty of AC Generator Power – 19 kW peak (17 kW continuous) 3-Phase 240V AC generator power. Will power industrial equipment such as a plasma cutter, pump or inverter welder. – 12 kW peak (11 kW continuous) 1-phase AC generator power for common construction tools.
- Sealed GFCI Modules – GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters) are sealed from moisture for more reliable operation.
- Reliable Engines – 4 cylinder 1800 RPM Perkins and Kubota diesel engines run smooth and quiet. Standard engine gauges allow you to monitor performance at a glance. – 20 gallon fuel tank for longer running time.
- Low Noise – 99.1 dBA Lwa sound power (74.8 dB at 23 ft./7 m) is one of the quietest 400 amp engine-driven welders available.
- Innovative Service Access – Lockable, removable sliding engine access door provides ample space for engine and oil filter work without requiring a large clearance space on your truck. – Battery drawer on front of machine and top-mounted radiator cover provide convenient access to these systems. – Patented tilt down control panel for easy servicing of internal components. – Patented radiator cap cover is latched for easy access and is lockable.
- The Vantage 400 has a 400 amps @100% duty cycle with output range up to 500 ampsusing Chopper Technology. All ratings are at temperatures of 104°F/40°C.
- Arc Gouging with up to a 5/16″ carbon. A separate arc gouging mode maximizes output.
- VRD (Voltage Reduction Device) reduced OCV (open circuit voltage) in CC-stick welding mode for added safety.
- CC-Stick mode is optimized for general purpose stick using E7018 low hydrogen electrode.
- Built-in “hot” start for easier starts and restrikes minimizing the electrode “sticking” to the work.
- Downhill pipe mode with active arc force control – enhanced downhill pipe welding mode. Excellent for cellulosic electrodes. Fast travel speeds, especially on fill passes. Arc control adjustment for a soft, buttery arc or a more forceful digging arc.
- Standard Touch-Start DC TIG welding, not scratch start, for easy arc starting that avoids tungsten contamination and the use of high-frequency equipment.
- Excellent CV wire welding with cored-wire and MIG (CO2 and blended gas). 3/32″ E70T-6 up to 260 IPM, 27V.
- The Vantage 400 has 3-Phase 240V AC generator power rated at 19 kW peak (17 kW continuous) output to power industrial equipment such as a plasma cutter, pump or inverter welder. Simultaneously weld and use 3-Phase AC power – for example, up to 9,400 watts can be delivered while welding at 300 amps. Compare to competitive product which has 3-Phase power available as an extra-cost factory-only option.
- 3-Phase 240V receptacle on control panel eliminates the need to hard-wire the connections.
- The Vantage 400 provides added value at the job site by delivering up to 12 kW peak (11 kW continuous) watts of 1-Phase AC auxiliary power for equipment such as a Lincoln plasma cutter. Also use for lights, grinders and other common construction tools. And, you can simultaneously weld and have access to AC power – 4,700 watts can be delivered while welding at 300 amps.
- AC generator voltage is constant at 120V or 240V at any weld dial setting.
- Two 120V GFCI modules sealed from moisture for more reliable operation.
- All receptacles are circuit breaker protected. Each receptacle has a spring-loaded weather protective cover which keeps each receptacle protected from the environment when not in use.
- The Vantage 400 has a single-side engine access with lockable sliding door.
- Fuel, Oil Pressure and Engine Temperature gauges help you monitor performance.
- Output automatically switches to remote mode when remote device is connected. For the downhill pipe mode the machine output dial becomes a maximum current limit for more fine tuning with the remote control dial.
- Convenient slide-out battery drawer below control panel.
- Patent-pending latched and lockable radiator cap cover.
- Handy oil drain valve and tube makes oil changes easy.
- Simple Controls – Keeps training time to a minimum. The flip-down control panel door keeps less frequently used dials out of the way. Scratch-resistant Lexan nameplate.
- Digital weld meters for amps and volts output on the Vantage 400 make it easy to precisely set your procedures.
- Large 20 gallon (76 liter) fuel tank provides run time for an extended day—over 16 hours of welding at 400A/36V/100% duty cycle output, or 36 hours at high idle.
- Great Engine Choices – 32.7 horsepower water-cooled 4 cylinder Perkins 404D-22 or 35.5 HP Kubota diesel engine. Each engine has an automatic idler for greater fuel economy and reduced noise, and a glow plug button for cold weather starting.
- Engine hour meter for scheduled maintenance.
- LN-25 PRO Across-the-Arc wire feeder is a recommended option.
- 14-pin connector for Lincoln wire feeders with control cables LF-72, LF-74, LN-7, LN-8, LN-15, LN-23P, LN-25 and LN-742. Also compatible with Magnum SG Spool Gun System.
- Two Vantage 400 units can be paralleled in the CC-Stick Mode to increase output.
Quality and Reliability
- The Vantage 400 has simple wire harnessing keeps connections to a minimum for greater reliability. Lead and harness strain reliefs on all control connections help ensure trouble-free performance.
- Engine Protection System includes automatic shutdown for low oil pressure or high engine temperature.
- Indicator light turns on for low oil pressure or high engine temperature. A second indicator light turns on if the engine battery charging system malfunctions.
- Circuit breaker protection on the battery ignition system provides added component protection on the Vantage 400.
- Environmental friendly engine! Engine has a closed breather system to keep the engine compartment and ground clean. This system eliminates oil mist from collecting inside the engine compartment, especially on surfaces that would lower engine cooling efficiency.
- Self-bleeding engine simplifies startup if your fuel tank runs dry.
- Perkins and Kubota engine camshafts in the Vantage 400 are gear-driven. No timing belt maintenance.
- Printed circuit boards are environmentally-shielded using Lincoln’s engineered potting and protective frame trays.
- Dependability and long life aided by all-copper windings in rotor and stator with high quality insulation.
- Standard stainless steel roof, side panels and engine-access door deliver added protection, durability and corrosion-resistance. Eliminates the need to paint or replace rusting panels.
- The Vantage 400 is manufactured under a quality system certified to ISO 9001 requirements and ISO 14001 environmental standards.
- Three-Year Lincoln Warranty on welder. (Engine is warranted separately by the manufacturer.)
Download the brochure: Lincoln – Vantage 400