Esab Caddy Tig 2200i
Portable solutions for professional welding
The Caddy name has always been synonymous with robust and durable welding tools designed for the professional welder. Introducing the fifth generation of portable welding equipment from ESAB the latest Caddy machines have over 30 years experience in inverter technology built in.
Designed for durability
The Caddy Tig 2200i machines are equipped with the large OKC 50 cable connectors for higher durability. The compact design, with its impact resistant polymer and aluminium casing, is light and easy to carry, yet the size does not compromise the important cooling of the internal components. Large heat sinks and clever design make for a cooler running machine with a longer life expectancy when used in harsh working environments. The design also helps to keep all sensitive parts inside the machine clean and dust free. Caddy is built in accordance with IP23, which means it can be used outdoors – even in the rain. The control panels are easy to understand and use. The durable design and the superior welding performance give you a machine that you can rely on day after day.
Power factor correction – PFC
The Caddy Tig 2200i machines are equipped with a PFC circuit making it possible to use the full range of the machines on a 16 A fuse. The PFC also protects the machine against fluctuating mains voltage and makes them safer to use with a generator. Caddy Tig 2200i can operate with extra long mains cables, over 100 m, giving you a very larger working radius.
The Caddy Tig 2200i machines are available with two different control panels. Both have all the necessary functions to weld TIG (DC), with HF-start or Lift Arc, and MMA.
Control panel Caddy TA33 is the easy way to weld TIG. You only need to set the plate thickness, and the machine will control the rest, allowing you to produce a high quality TIG weld. You can also control the welding current, slope down and post-gas manually.
The more advanced control panel Caddy TA34 allows you to weld Pulsed TIG giving you better control of the heat input. It also has Micro Pulse which allows you to set pulse times down to 0,001 s. Caddy TA34 has two memories where you can store all your settings and you can switch between the memories from the panel or from the torch trigger, even when welding. You can also set slope up/down, post-gas and connect a remote control.
Both panels are easy to understand and set, even when wearing welding gloves.
MMA with ArcPlus II
Caddy Tig 2200i supplies direct current and you can weld most metals including alloyed and non alloyed steel, stainless steel and cast iron. Caddy Tig 2200i welds most electrodes up to Ø 4 mm. Both control panels have the latest regulator, ArcPlus II, that gives a more intense, yet smooth and stable arc that is easy to control. Arc Plus II generates smaller droplets, the arc burns smoothly and there is no need to pause at the edges when weaving. ArcPlus II offers even better welding characteristics, simplifies your work and gives you better weld quality with less need for post weld treatment.
- Designed for quality TIG-welding in alloyed, non-alloyed and stainless steel.
- Easy to use – all welding parameters presented in clear layout.
- ESAB 2-program function – the ability to pre-program and change program during welding.
- Pulsed TIG welding – increased control of heat input and the weld pool.
- Micro Pulse – minimise heat affected zone especially on thin material.
- ArcPlus II – better welding characteristics, simplifies your work and gives you better weld quality with less after treatment.
- True MMA welding characteristics – Hot start and Arc force setting.
- Extra long mains cable capability – gives extra large working radius
- Professional welding tool
- In and outdoor installation, repair and maintenance on site
- In and outdoor production, fabrication and civil construction
- Process industry
Download the brochure: Esab – Caddy Tig 2200i